Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

AntiChrist - Most Disturbing Film Ever

This 2009 film is by far the most disturbing and graphic films I have ever seen.  The movie is about a couple, devastated by the death of their only child, who moves to a remote wooded cabin to heal.


This film is very artistically shot and has some great performances by Willem Dafoe and Charolette Gainsbourg. It borders between dark fantasy and devistating reality.


This movie is very sexually and violently graphic. It is not for those with a weak stomach. I felt so disturbed by some scenes, I had to get up and pace around. 


I thought the violence was far too much and was likely overdone for shock value. The film is well acted and has some visually artistic scenes, but I think only a few ultra die hard art film fans will find this stimulating.


I was glad I saw it, but I'll never watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment